Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Yesterday's damp breeze

Karen took these pictures out of our upstairs window yesterday after the storm.


This is the storm as it loomed on the horizon -- without sound effects. Luckily we got back to the car just as the first raindrops began to fall.


I had just gotten done fixing the steam crossing near this location so that hikers wouldn't need to jump or take a giant step to keep their feet dry. I had cut down some buckthorns and put some fairly heavy logs along the edges of the stream to narrow it down a bit. Today there was no sign of my work, nor of most of my work from the previous spring. My new logs were nowhere in sight. Maybe yesterday's work actually made the damage worse. Anyway, I threw in a few logs today for a temporary fix. But I was gun-shy from yesterday about staying so far from the car with severe weather predicted, so I went back up the hill in preparation for a quick retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment